2.18.2010

Because I didn't like you enough already

Ya know, just a quick reminder to the world of the sheer greatness of Marc Jacobs.

The Marc Jacobs collection was nudes and vintage, almost office wear sort of things but made WAY awesomer. Also, some giant furs. And socks pulled up to the perfect awkward height above the ankle, which I love. Proof that Marc Jacobs is secretly reading my mind. After all the insanity he showed last season, it almost seemed like her was wiping his palette down again, but everything was so detailed and beautiful and managed to often be simple(r) without being boring.


Hey look, a shiny bow, GET OUT OF MY BRAIN. OR STAY THERE BECAUSE THEN YOU MAKE DRESSES THAT I LOVE.


Look at all those sheers and cozy-looking sweaters and wonderful socks but all done in different ways--in my mind it's something like goth, grandmother, and sensible work woman all gone Jacobs-style.


My favorite look from the collection! It's so mystical and elegant and lovely.

And the Marc by Marc seemed like something a younger version of the girl from the Marc Jacobs show would wear. Or that she would wear on the weekends.


The suiting especially references the Marc Jacobs collection. Also, same socks!


Mmmm, the lace! So pretty.


"Oh hey guys, you like my awesome polka-dotted top? Oh, you know what's even better? THE MATCHING PANTS WITH RUFFLES."


Also, I'd probably like to marry this guy from the menswear part of the show. Or at least have his hair.

In short, MARC JACOBS.

Plus, this is the most stylish Olympic snowboarder ever.


I don't know why his picture is so little, but he's wearing a floral jacket. Well USA, you just lost the sartorial gold medal to Japan.

photos courtesy of style.com and vancouver2010.com

-Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment