9.28.2009

Black+Navy

Hey. I haven't been able to blog because, uh, unicorns took me into a cave and feasted on my brains while we glued sequins to dresses and drank tea. Yup. Actually, I had mounds of homework to work through... Bleh. The former sounds like much more fun, though so I'll go with that. No homework tonight though! Happy Yom Kippur! Thanks, teachers, thanks. (Noooooot.) I mean, really, all this work leaves no time for blogging or watching videos of runway shows. PRIORITIES! Seriously, today during study hall I was reading October's Vogue and the Nylon Street Style book.
Well, other than that I had an alright weekend. How about you? Good? Good.
What I wore Saturday...

(mariner shirt: Captain Corsaire in Laguiole, France, pants: BCBGeneration, sequined belt: sister's, bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs, shoes: F Troupe, bow: H&M)

My friend and I found these shirts at a tiny store in an even tinier town during our amazing trip this summer. Then, on the plane ride home I picked up June-July Vogue Paris and the shirt was all over in it! Aren't I such a little trend predictor? I take your eye rolling as a whole-hearted YES. Also, this same friend bought me this bag at the Marc Jacobs Stuff Store on Bleecker St. (in New York, duh) for only 5 DOLLARS! YAY!

Saturday night we had a school dance, which was surprisingly fun until almost everybody left for another party. Yeah. High school sucks, right?
(mini dress/top: Collective Concepts, leggings: handmade from Dot Fox, boots: some random shoe outlet in Texas where real cowboys actually buy shoes, clutch: Target, black lipstick: MAC)

Yes, I wore black lipstick. I, unlike my dad who called it goth, really liked the look. I am a dork and smiling while wearing it, thus making things much less goth. I also repurposed an old necklace, which deteriorated over the night and ended up looking rather nice.
(bracelet: broken old necklace, typewriter key ring: handmade from The Makery, gold ring: my great-great grandmother's class of 1911 ring)

And Sunday... I wasn't feeling that inspired, but I did have fun taking pictures.
(blazer: Nautica Boys, shirt: Ralph Lauren, skirt: BCBGeneration, shoes: vintage, bow pinned to shirt: me, glasses: Urban Outfitters)
I had a fun afternoon off today, shopping for these so-called "basics" that people need, like jeans that aren't plaid. I will share pictures tomorrow... That was quite a post.
photo credit (in order): my sister, my mom, me
-Ruby

5 comments:

  1. heheheh. i tried to kill you for that and i barely ever use it now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed.
    but it was definitely fun attempting to strangle you with undergarments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfits! Love your nautical blazer :) Cx

    ReplyDelete