9.12.2009

Number One

Hello! I'm Ruby. (Ignore my awkward introduction). For quite awhile now, I've been following the blog world and finally, I decided (well, I was given permission by the parentals) to make my own blog! The fashion world is growing, and I want to at least make some small contribution. I mean, I really, really love to get dressed. Not to go all philosophical on fashion, but it's a way that I can express myself. Anyhoo, I'll get back to being a blogger and show you what I wore today...



(shirt: Marc Jacobs, skirt: Topshop, belt: J. Crew, shoes: Vans, fish necklace: Scout, Glasses: formerly sunglasses from Aldo, socks: found in my drawer)

I kind of have an issue/obsession with fake glasses, so today I popped the lenses out my old sunglasses to make these:



I tried several times to create this skirt from The Sartorialist (whose book, by the way, is simply gorgeous), but I failed and went with the pink-and-gray theme I've been thinking about lately. Meanwhile, I'm wishing I could be at fashion week, but will compromise for eagerly awaiting to see what Marc Jacobs, Comme de Garcons, and Chanel are turning out in what seems to be a rather uninspired season so far. I am also SUPER JEALOUS of everyone who got to go to Fashion's Night Out. Hrmph. Maybe next year. In the meantime, I hope to be blogging away. My lovely friend Martina, of Chewed Silly Putty, and I have big plans for some collaborative blogging. Well, I'm off to eat homemade macaroni and cheese and watch Fame (the awesomely 80's version), but I really, really, really, really, truly hope that this blog will work out. Adios.
-Ruby

6 comments:

  1. RUBY DARLING. you probably got really excited when you saw you had a coment and then you probably thought, "oh. its marting"
    BUT GOSHDARNNIT YOU GOT A BLOG!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right now i love any comment, but especially from you MARTI! I GOT A BLOGG HURRAH! we must start working on our blog project very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubina u gotsta blog!! dats wicked. i love it already hehe blog- watching is quite fun. alrighty well i wish u the best of luck on this fantastical blog and cant wait to see more! OH YES. almost forgot. I saw that Fame it was good!! a little creepy in sum parts but good! hehe ok i'll stop clogging up ur lovely blog. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girrrrl you are amazzzzzzizng!!! I sooo want to see you agaiiiin. :( I need to send you some of my pictures too. you'd looove it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's rachel baer btdubs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melody! And, yes, some parts of Fame are a bit... sketchy. Rachel! Hey! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete