9.17.2009

Finally...

I have actually some time to blog now, considering it's a three day weekend. Apparently teachers were not aware that it was FASHION WEEK, and homework becomes obsolete compared to gazing at photos of Marc Jacobs's shows. This is what I'm talking about, people! Inspired.

Marc by Marc Jacobs-- Ok, pattern mixing has been everywhere this season, but admit it: you love it. Marc manages to make you look like a tastefully insane grandmother. Ummm, plus giant bows and glasses? Stop reading my mind.


Hi there, Marc. I quite like you. I got to go to the Marc by Marc show in 2007 and it was frackalicking FANTASTIC. And, at the end, Marc Jacobs came out wearing a kilt. And, I saw Lynn Yaeger who had the same shoes as my mom. Sorry about that. Story time is over.

Marc Jacobs-- I completely loved every look in the collection. Really. Could you wear an Einstein? Nope. Could you wear a Marc? YEAH! (It was hard just to pick a few favorites to put up...)

Alrighty, thus far this post has been rather stalkerishly devoted to Marc Jacobs. To up the creep factor a little, next week is Homecoming/Spirit week which means we can whatever we want in the confines of some crappy theme. Monday is Team Day, in which you are supposed wear jerseys for your favorite team, but considering my lack of sports knowledge... (I volunteered to go to my sister's field hockey game yesterday and spent the entire time reading New York Magazine. When the game was over I asked, "Wait... did they lose?" Yup.)

I AM GOING TO BE TEAM MARC! It will be amazing, but I am not a spoiler... so more to come later.

In other news, here's what I've been wearing lately--oh wait, did I mention? My school has this delightful little thing called a uniform. Barf.

(white polo and kilt: uniform store, blazer: Nautica boys, bow: Forever 21, necklace: gift, shoes: Liberty Fabrics for Nike) Thanks to my sis for the slightly shaky pic.

Yeah. I've gotten in trouble several times, twice for not wearing socks (REALLY? What kind of rule is that?) and once for wearing an argyle sweater. I like to think that I find loopholes in the rules so that I don't get a detention, but half of it is probably sheer luck. The blazer is really intended for boys, but look who's doing some gender bending! Aren't I bad? Also, the other day, I watched My Little Pony clips when I was supposed to be doing homework. Juvenile delinquent.

I've got a big day of vintage shopping and thrifting planned for my day off tomorrow--yay! And when I said improvement would be coming to this blog, I meant it. Just, err, not yet. SOON!
-Ruby

3 comments:

  1. are those giant bows that i see??? INDEED. i like. (haha I was about to post "boys" instead of "bows")

    ReplyDelete
  2. me like too. giant boys? i guess those are not as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i am totally going to be team betsey for spirit week

    ReplyDelete